Not only is this burger simple and quick to make, but it also goes down easy!
Haha this sounds wrong.
The mince used in this burger is beef. Yaaaaas I eat beef
#badindian. You can also use chicken or turkey mince instead if you prefer.
2x Slices of tomato
1/4 Small onion
1 Garlic clove
1 Chilli - optional
1/2 Cup Mince
Cheddar cheese - didn't measure this - use as much as you prefer
Handful of Kale - or use whatever leafy greens you have if you want to add a bit of colour
Burger bun and/or bread
Herbs and Spices
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cajun
1/4 tsp chives
salt & pepper to taste
1. Finely chop the onion, chilli, and garlic and add to a bowl. Slice your tomato and wash the kale and put aside these two toppings aside.
2. Add your mince, and herbs and spices to the same bowl and combine all the ingredients with your hands.
Start forming a patty shape, if you feel the mix is too dry and you need a binding agent, 1 egg will work well! If somehow the mixture is too wet, then add some flour.
3. On a lightly heated pan, place your patty, and cook for 7 - 10min. You don't need to add oil, the mince itself is already filled with enough fat.
4. You can toast the bread/burger bun if you like over the grill. I didn't because I'm lazy,
Place the kale and tomatoes on the bread, and on another pan, cook your egg. Also at this point, you can add cheddar cheese on top of your patty if you like, or add it once you've taken it off the pan/grill.
5. Once your patty is cooked, place it on the bun/bread and then the egg on top! Add more herbs & Spices on top for more flavour if you want.