I had some leftover wholemeal pasta/noodles which was enough to serve two people, so I whipped up a ridiculously quick meal!
I ate half of it, then went out with friends, and when I came back home around 4am..OMG IT WAS THE YUMMIEST THING TO EAT.
2x small chicken breast
1x small onion
1/2 cup pasta water (optional in case the pasta sauce is too thick)
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup pasta sauce - I used a tomato based one
1/2 cup cream
1cup grated cheese
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili
1 tsp garlic Salt
Salt + Pepper to taste
1. If you don't already have leftover boiled pasta/noodles, then now would be a great time to boil some! You can use whatever pasta you have.
2. Cut up your onions, zucchini, and then your chicken separately.
3. Lightly oil your pan over a medium heat and add in your onion, broccoli, and zucchini and cook for a few minutes or until soft/light brown colour, season with salt and pepper. Add in your chicken, and herbs and spices. Continue to cook for a couple of minutes or until the chicken is cooked on the outside.
4. Pour in the pasta sauce, pasta water (optional, and don't add it all at once), and cream in to the pan with the vegetables and chicken, and let it simmer away for roughly 5 minutes. Make sure you mix in the sauce well.
Then add in your cheese, herbs and spices.
5. Drain your pasta if you haven't already, and/or add in the leftover pasta into the pan and mix well. Turn off the heat, and grate more cheese on top! (optional, but you'd be crazy not to).