So I made this on snapchat last night (username: thepoorpantry), I've slightly adjusted the quantity of some of the ingredients because it ended up being WAY TOO SPICY.
I also managed to rub cayenne pepper in my eyes because I am so damn smart and talented.
Scroll down for more :)
It's always a good feeling when you eat something healthy that's fulfilling, and also satisfying!
I found a medium sized bag of quinoa for only $2!!! SO CHEAP..usually it costs $6 or more.
As always, I use ingredients that I have already, so you can always use alternatives or make adjustments/changes to the recipe to suit you, and what you may have!
Alright! So I just finished taking over Cookreel snapchat and I made this bomb ass burger. Unfortunately, the photo does not do justice of how good this tastes, and looks in real life. I know I sound up myself, but I rarely rave on about how good my food tastes!!
My priorities are never in check, and I don't thing they will ever be.
No one understands how much I LOVE chicken. It is ridiculously overpriced so I've been surviving of Tofu because it is significantly cheaper.
I started getting chicken withdrawals after nearly two weeks so I said screw it, lets buy some chicken and not top up my laundry card. Minimum laundry top up was $10, chicken was $9.57. Technically I just saved a few cents.
I'm now running dangerously low on underwear and am hoping I have enough to last me till pay day which is in 3 days time. FML
I had some leftover wholemeal pasta/noodles which was enough to serve two people, so I whipped up a ridiculously quick meal!
I ate half of it, then went out with friends, and when I came back home around 4am..OMG IT WAS THE YUMMIEST THING TO EAT.
Not only is this burger simple and quick to make, but it also goes down easy!
Haha this sounds wrong.
The mince used in this burger is beef. Yaaaaas I eat beef
#badindian. You can also use chicken or turkey mince instead if you prefer.
2x Slices of tomato
1/4 Small onion
1 Garlic clove
1 Chilli - optional
1/2 Cup Mince
Cheddar cheese - didn't measure this - use as much as you prefer
Handful of Kale - or use whatever leafy greens you have if you want to add a bit of colour
Burger bun and/or bread
Herbs and Spices
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cajun
1/4 tsp chives
salt & pepper to taste
My love for chicken cannot be expressed by words.
That is all I have to say.
A perfect winter night meal that will leave you satisfied or craving for more ;)
I used wholemeal spaghetti as a healthier alternative and bottled cooking pasta sauce to speed up the cooking process so you don’t have to spend that long in the kitchen!
As always, the amount of pasta I boil ends up being enough to feed a city so just go with your judgement when you decide how much to boil. (TBH going with your judgement is what always causes you to end up with a ridiculous amount lol).
500g beef mince
2 T lite cream
1 T garlic paste
Parmesan - don't hold back now :p
Parsley and rosemary herbs
Tomato pasta cooking sauce (I didn’t measure this sorry, I just went with my gut feeling)
1. Add salt to your boiling water in the pot and add the spaghetti. Let it cook until it is al dente! For me, it took 30 to 35minutes.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, lightly drizzle the pan with oil and add your garlic, cook for a minute then add your mince.
3. When your mince is half cooked (usually 5 to 10minutes in depending on how frozen it was) add your onions, tomatoes and capsicum. I Diced mine in to small pieces. You can add your vegetables at the start or towards the end. It depends on your liking, and if you prefer them to be fully cooked or to still have a little crunch.
4. After a couple of minutes, and in your pasta sauce, lite cream, and herbs and spices and let the mince cook.
5. Drain your spaghetti and put how ever much you want on the plate. The mince should be cooked by now so you can pour it on top of the spaghetti! Add your Parmesan and anyone herbs if you like and dig in!
I love curry. There's nothing better than having a creamy curry with tender meat, and eating it with rice and not regretting a single bite because the taste is soooo good that you don't care how unhealthy it is!
But sometimes I like to shock my body by eating something healthy/healthier once in a while so this time I decided to make something that was sort of like a curry but not creamy, and with more of a watery consistency.
Serves one because some days you just don't want to interact with humans lol. Double the measurements if you're making it for two people of course.
1 Chicken thigh fillet
Handful of spinach
1 Small or 1/2 of 1 large red onion (or normal onion)
3 - 4 t soy sauce
2 t natural yogurt (i only had Greek yogurt)
1 t chilli flakes
1 - 2 t Paprika
2 t garlic paste
1 T Oil
2 small green chillies (i buy the frozen pack, if you don't have the chilli you can use flakes or powder, but if you can't handle this much spice then just leave it out)
1. Cut the chicken and put it in a bowl to mix with the spices. Add your soy sauce, chilli flakes, paprika, and yogurt, mix well and put it to the side!
2. In a pot, add your 1 T oil and let it heat up on a medium heat. Whilst it's heating up, cut the green chillies and add it in to the pot with the garlic paste and let it cook together for about two minutes.
3. slice your onions and zucchini and add it to the pot. Stir and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the heat down if your garlic paste is browning too much.
4. You can now add in the chicken and let it cook on a low to medium heat. Add in the tomatoes and the handful of spinach as well. The chicken took about 10 minutes to cook but it does depend on how small or big your pieces are.
Serve with rice and you're good to go!