Yesterday morning, and by morning I mean around 2pm I made cookies for breakfast but I ended up burning them because I forgot about them in the oven, soooo today I decided to make breakfast tacos to cheer myself up. Not sure why I made this around 5pm...my eating and sleeping pattern has turned into a disaster.
Keep scrolling for the recipe! And as always, I'm using whatever ingredients I have so you can always alter the recipe to suit you.
B is for Bacon
E is for Egg
S is for Spinach
T is for Tomato
I bought a box of 8x frozen waffles for $1.50 - SO CHEAP.
The tomato was already sitting around in the fridge, same as the bacon.
Eggs (12) were $3
Avocado 2 for $3.50
A big bag of spinach was $2
Cheese - SO OVERPRICED $5.00
I also made hummus a few days ago using a $0.99 can of chickpeas, a small jalapeno, and 1/2 bell pepper, so I used that to spread onto the waffles. Woohoo.
KEEP SCROLLING FOR THE RECIPE :)
Frozen Waffles are dope.
Works with both sweet, and salty foods.
And to get straight to the point, recipe is below :) Three easy steps.
This serves 1 person so just double the ingredients if you're making it for 2 people!
1 Tb Peanut Butter - I used a little less than 1 Tb
Maple Syrup to drizzle over
TYPING IN CAPS LOCK BECAUSE I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE YOLK
2x slices of white or brown bread
butter to spread
salt and pepper
Cook your eggs and bread however you prefer - I usually toast my bread either in the oven or over the stove since I don't have a toaster.
So as you know, I cook-bake-create-attempt random recipes using whatever I have in the pantry, and also using ingredients that aren't expensive, or have been bought on sale, so when the supermarket (grocery store) has a sale on for 4 Avocados for $3 THEN IMA BUY 4 AVOCADOS AND LEAVE AS A HAPPY CUSTOMER. (My love for avocados is real strong hence the caps lock).
Eventually reaching back home I realized even though you can never have too many avocados in your life, what the hell am I gonna do with them so they don't sit around too long getting rotten.
I instantly decided to make stuffed avocados because it's so simple, and the options are endless with what you can stuff them with!
This wont cure your Sunday hangover & it wont help you lose weight BUT it will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy on the inside and your taste buds like they’re in heaven!!!
You can even use Nutella (omg), Chocolate sauce, ICE CREAM, or any other sweet tasting food you like. Strawberries? STRAWBERRIES & NUTELLA!
WHAT YOU NEED
1. An appetite
2. Large bowl
3. 2x Eggs
4. 2x Sliced bread of your choice
5. Ferrero Rocher (i used one #selfcontrol , but you may use more. It’s better if you use more)
6. 1/4 Apple – you probs wont need this much (maybe a bit of lemon squeezed on top to stop it from browning)
7. Chopped almonds & icing sugar (optional)
8. Honey bc I didn’t have any maple or golden syrup
9. brown sugar (I’m sorry I didn’t measure how much I used. I forgot as I was too excited – roughly 2 t.)
1. Pre-heat your pan & drizzle with oil. Whisk your eggs and brown sugar in the large bowl. I used a fork to whisk the eggs, no fancy whisk required - I’m also too poor to buy a whisk lol.
2. Dip your bread in & coat generously. If your bread doesn’t fit in the bowl, just pour the beaten egg over the bread on the pan – both sides.
3. Cook until golden brown & while it’s cooking, thinly slice 1/4 of your apple and then cut into sticks. Also chop your Almonds if you’re including them in this mouth watering breakfast.
4. Once your french toast is done, cut into any desired shape you like and stack it together, or you can just not cut the bread. Plate up and put the sliced apples & almonds on top/around the plate, drizzle some honey over it& dust the icing sugar if you’re using it. AND last but not least, add some crumbled Ferrero Rocher on top or w/e chocolate or topping you have decided to use!
Alright, I know more than anyone how hard it is to prep and eat breakfast in the morning. Because I'm not a morning person, I spend the most time in bed in the morning as possible until I've left just enough time to get ready and make the train with at least 1 minute to spare.
So this meal which is healthy, easy, and filling, can be prepped the night before so you can eat it in the morning or take it to work with you!! so many alternatives to this as well. basically use whatever fruit you have! Honey tastes nice in this pudding as well!
1/2 C Almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
1/2 C Chia Seeds
No method to this really! just cut up the banana or whatever fruit you are using, pour the milk and chia seeds in the container and set in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or overnight! If you feel that there isn't enough or any liquid at all once its set, add some more milk!